PDA

View Full Version : How to Dump all Macro to the log

iboulder
05-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Hi,

Is there a quick way to dump all macros (temp, project, and environment) to the log?

Thanks,
SMckeown

joe12
05-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Here's how I did it, dump them to a file and then read the file into the log, but I figure there's probably a better way.

More on this at:
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=4468

Using a VBScript "Run Script" action:

Dim objMacro, theNumberOfThem, theFileName1, theFileName2

Set objMacro = Application.Macros(vbldTemporary) 'just the temporary macros
theNumberOfThem = objMacro.Count
theFileName1 = "C:\Tempmacros"
objMacro.Save(theFileName1)
Builder.LogMessage theNumberOfThem & " Temporary macros have been dumped to a file called: " & theFileName1

' collection of all unique macros, with highest precedence for macros with same name in multiple collections
Set objMacro = Application.Macros(vbldMacroAll)
theNumberOfThem = objMacro.Count
theFileName2 = "C:\AllActiveMacros"
objMacro.Save(theFileName2)
Builder.LogMessage "All (" & theNumberOfThem & " total) Active macros have been dumped to a file called: " & theFileName2

kinook
05-27-2011, 07:28 AM
See the attached sample.

joe12
06-06-2011, 07:48 PM
I used the Run Script step from the above "LogMacros.bld" example.
It worked for a while, but now out of the blue, I get an error on that VBScript code. The error reads:

Error in Run Script (VBScript) script code at Line 15, Column 4 (Type mismatch: 'Application.ExpandMacrosAndScript')
6/6/2011 5:37:12 PM: Step '14 - Dump All Macro Information to Log' failed
6/6/2011 5:37:12 PM: Build ended (elapsed = 00:00:00).

In the log , it stopped right after writing the lines:

=============================================
****** temporary macros ******

So I examined my Temporary macros, and sure enough I found what is causing the failure. I have an ADO_RS macro sitting around in the temp macros (from an earlier call to SQL with a Loop Action Step to parse that SQL just after).

If I delete that ADO_RS macro, then the "Dump All Macros" step goes back to working.

Is there a way to make this VBScript more robust so that it will dump all the macros even when the macros collections contain one or more macros that are some type of list or whatever?

kinook
06-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Here is an updated project which handles that.