PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected hangs / stops

Omi
07-22-2010, 06:58 AM
Hi there,

Long time no post here, is a good sign ; )
First of all, you (and your team) doing a great job *smile
I want to give you a little dimension in short about our usage of Visual Build Professional.
We begin with this powerful Tool, i think with Version 5,..
We use it for our Automation Builds, Unittests and Software Deployment.
We've got about 10 Servers on which our nightly builds are running 24/7, we build in one night about 11 Mio Lines of Code...
Our Customers are University Hospitals in whole Europe.

But sometimes (averaged all 2-3 months) really sporadic, not traceable we've got some hang / stops during our nightly Builds..

see the screen1:

Omi
07-22-2010, 07:05 AM
Second hang Screen:

You see on the first Screen the Build Stops, without a return code,.. in the second with an exit code,..

But both ones, aren't reproducible, and as i said,.. only appears sporadic all 2-3 months ..

Do you have any idea ..

kinook
07-22-2010, 07:35 AM
Wow, that's some serious building you're doing -- very impressive.

Which version of Visual Build are you running? Which version+SP of Windows? Is the build launched from a scheduled task or how is it started?

Regarding the first screen shot, are you launching VisBuildCmd.exe with the /mta flag? Please see http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?threadid=3892 for troubleshooting.

The second shot appears to be an error rather than a hang condition. Is there any more information in the build log file for the build? Is there anything in the Windows Event Viewer from Visual Build?

Thanks.