PDA

View Full Version : Parsing error

pjaiswal
05-10-2006, 11:52 AM
My problem is very similar to the one mentioned in this link.

http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1193&highlight=error+parsing+the+file

That is I have square brackets in my output and so have problems mailing the output as I get parse error. The olny difference in my script is that I am using a custom action written in C# to record the step errors, that is to create a temporary macro with the %LASTSTEP_OUTPUT%

This is what I am doing:

string strLastStepOutput = Builder.App.ExpandMacrosAndScript( "%LASTSTEP_OUTPUT%");

Builder.App.get_Macros( VisBuildSvr.MacroTypeEnum.vbldMacroTemporary ).Add( "LAST_FAILURE_OUTPUT", strLastStepOutput, "", "Output of the last failed step", false);

How can I use [vbld_EscapeString(vbld_AllMacros()("LASTSTEP_OUTPUT").Value)]

in the code above so that I dont have the square bracket problem?

Thanks,
Pragya

kinook
05-10-2006, 04:30 PM
You can't use vbld_EscapeString from a C# custom action (that is a system script function, which is only available to other script code or user actions written in a scripting language). Simply don't expand macros and script; instead use the raw value of the LASTSTEP_OUTPUT macro:

string strLastStepOutput = Builder.App.get_Macros(MacroTypeEnum.vbldMacroSyst em)["LASTSTEP_OUTPUT"].Value.ToString();

pjaiswal
05-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks!! That worked :)