PDA

View Full Version : Copy step won't delete my folder

GaryGo
06-20-2003, 09:16 AM
I have a step that attempts to delete a directory tree. It is a subroutine call to a Copy step that has a blank source folder and a destination folder that is the value of a temporary parameter from the subroutine call.

Under the Copy tab, Include is set to *.*. The Copy recursive, Copy empty, and Delete destination are checked.

Under the Options tab, Log files, Ignore non-exstant, restartable, Keep read-only, and wait for share names are checked. The folders to be deleted are all on the local drive.

Sometimes I get messages like:
*EXTRA Folder: Bin
*EXTRA File: Visual C++\Interfaces\Services\DBStatus.IDL

These are not deleted (but some files are deleted). Sometimes it works completely. I can write the DOS command to do this, but I figured I'd give VBP a shot at it. Why are my targets sometimes not deleted?

GaryGo
06-20-2003, 03:56 PM
Sorry, this one was my fault. I had saved my project file in a SourceSafe repository, which sets the read-only bit. But the other problem separately reported, about the Help files, is a mystery.

GaryGo
06-20-2003, 03:57 PM
And I managed to reply to my own note in the wrong thread. My reply above was meant for another thread. It's Friday. Sorry.

pjaquiery
06-22-2003, 03:51 PM
make sure the "incremental copy" check box is reset. The incremental copy mode ignores "new" files, it only updates files that are in the target folder and the source folder.