PDA

View Full Version : SendMail Problem

AndyFarr
08-09-2005, 11:34 AM
I am getting the following error when trying to send the Fail Message produced when a Vs.Net C# Project Fails to build

Error expanding macros in property Message: <Error parsing scripts: Unrecoverable Parse Error at position 24333 - expecting section>

The only macro in the message contains the text output from the VS.Net Build Step. Any Ideas what Could be causing the problem ?

Text from macro in attached File

Thanks

Andy

kinook
08-09-2005, 11:46 AM
How is the macro referenced by the step being created? Can you post or send a .bld file that demonstrates the problem? If you use the FAILSTEP_OUTPUT/LASTSTEP_OUTPUT system macros, any characters that VBP treats specially (%, [, and ]) will normally be doubled to be treated as literal characters. Somehow, the macro that you are referencing contains non-doubled bracket chars which VBP is trying to evaluate as script code.

AndyFarr
08-09-2005, 12:03 PM
The SendMail is part of a Subroutine and the LASTSTEP_OUTPUT is copied to a Temporary macro as a parameter so I assume that the Special characters have not been doubled up in the copy.

Any way that I can solve this ?

kinook
08-09-2005, 12:17 PM
At the place where you're referencing %LASTSTEP_OUTPUT%, use

[vbld_EscapeString("%LASTSTEP_OUTPUT%")]

instead

AndyFarr
08-10-2005, 03:50 AM
It fails on the Macro call with an "Unterminated String Constant" error Line 1 Character 37

This would appear to be a LineFeed 0x0A character. I wonder is the macro only interprates CRLF pairs I know some VB stuff fails on standalone LF charaters but this is the output from DEVENV so I have litle control over it.

Thanks for your support

Andy

kinook
08-10-2005, 07:19 AM
Duh, my test string didn't have multiple lines. In that case, use this instead:

[vbld_EscapeString(vbld_AllMacros()("LASTSTEP_OUTPUT").Value)]

AndyFarr
08-10-2005, 08:58 AM
That's sorted it.

Andy