PDA

View Full Version : User Actions - Sample .NET Components

gribble
06-04-2003, 01:02 AM
I am trying to use the prompt.bld sample project to setup User Actions for the c# and VB.NET sample components that come with the sample

The COM register step for the .action file works, and after reloading the tools I can add them to my build scripts etc.

but the COM register step for the dll's themself fail with:

--------------------Starting Build: 'Prompt.bld'--------------------
Building project step 'Reg .NET Component'...
Failed to locate registration entry point: The specified procedure could not be found.
Step 'Reg .NET Component' failed
Build ended.

--------------------Starting Build: 'Prompt.bld'--------------------
Building project step 'Reg VB.NET Component'...
Failed to locate registration entry point: The specified procedure could not be found.
Step 'Reg VB.NET Component' failed
Build ended.

It works fine for the provided VB6 action...

I also tried opening the projects (vbproj and csproj) and building them there (which registers them i think)

Checking in the registry in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and NetAction.Test, VBNETAction.Test and VB6Action.Test are all there and appear to be registered. But the .NET ones are probably only there because i built them myself which registered as well... since the visbuildpro register step failed.

The only weird thing is that the VB.NET and c# projects didnt have a .sln solution file, and wouldnt build wihtout one, so i let it create one. Cant see how that would affect anything anyway.

Also why in the c# example is it explicitly setting the GUID etc?

gribble
06-04-2003, 06:03 PM
Ignore my noobish post hehe

It has been pointed out by support that there is actually a "User Actions.bld" sample project, and to register .NET dlls you need to use regasm.exe and not thew stanard "Register COM" step in VBPro

Thanks to Kinook for the help :D