Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 09-02-2005, 10:13 AM

Unhappy UR doesn't collect all keywords on some files

Particularly on .mht documents (found also some cases of html) where only some few keywords in the order of tens get recognized and listed in Item - Keywords... This problem (bug?) doesn't allow a good hunt of documents as many items don't show up on the Search Pane. I have sent an urd file with some few of the problem cases. I also mention this as a suggestion on on my sugg entitled "Some New Wish List" can be found at:

http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=1238

Hope for a coverage of this. Thanks.

Leoram
Attached Files
File Type: zip problem files.zip (109.8 KB, 1023 views)
Old 09-06-2005, 08:23 PM

Two problems were uncovered related to .mht files. The first was a simple fix, the main html portion of .mht files were not consistently keyworded, and has been resolved in the newly updated UltraRecallEval.exe download on the website.

The second problem is in the 'Prophecies of The Messiah Fulfilled in Jesus Chris.mht' file, and is caused by the Base64 encoded html content being stored as unicode text. The library we are currently using for mime text file processing is not handling this unicode text properly. Was the particular .mht file created with IE or some other application? Just curious, we haven't seen .mht files with unicode html encoded before.

We have this second issue on our todo list, and hope to include a fix in the next version of Ultra Recall.

Note: to obtain the first fix, simply download the latest eval Ultra Recall download and install it over your existing Ultra Recall installation.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:33 PM

Latest Eval UltraRecall?

You have:

Version: 1.3b (see History page for changes)
Date: June 27, 2005
Size: 5.3 MB

At your download section.

If I'm not wrong I already have my 1.3b copy downloaded after that date, so I'm up to date (I think). Here's what I have:

Ultra Recall 1.3b
EncryptPDF.dll version 3.0.0.2
mimepp.dll version 3.0.4
pdf2txt.dll version 3.1.0.2
PolarSpellChecker.dll version 4.0.5.4
SftPrintPreview_IX86_U_10.dll version 1.01
SftTree_IX86_U_50.dll version 5.01
UltraRecall.exe version 1.3.2.2
unins000.exe version 51.34.0.0
Database filename: F:\Repositorio biblico - for Kinook tests.urd
Database version: 1.3.3

Do you mean I need to redownload after all?

Leoram
Old 09-07-2005, 12:47 PM

Yes, we didn't feel the problem/fix was significant enough to warrant updating the version number and all that changing the version entails, so the Ultra Recall 1.3b installation file was simply updated with a fix for the reported behaviour.

Simply re-download the 1.3b installation file and install over your existing (now slightly outdated) 1.3b installation.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:55 AM

Thanks. I downloaded it and installed over the old 1.3b. At least I figured out they have slightly different sizes. I hope the second issue will be addressed soon and that a fix will be incorporated in the next release. Again, thanks.

Leoram

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: