Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Suggestions

Old 06-16-2004, 11:00 PM

Smile In-Built Integration with ANT

Not sure of the feasability of this suggestion.

I have been (forced to) using Apache-ANT for building some aspects of the current project I am on, due to the fact that a large chunk of it is J2EE (which can be done via command-line, I know).

ANT looks like it has a lot of similarities to how VBP works, but it lacks the GUI front-end. While ANT can be run from the command-line, the scripts still need to be developed by hand.

Some in-built ANT Actions in VBP would be really nice.

Cheers

Rob.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:10 AM
Administrator

If you're looking for us to create a GUI for developing ANT scripts, that is not likely. We do have on our list to add an action to wrap the ANT command-line tool for integration into a VBP build, although that is relatively simple to call from a Run Program action in the current version.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:19 PM

Unhappy

I too am being forced to go to Ant for our next project. Even if it was a seperate product we had to buy I would love to see your company produce a first class visual ant editor. There seems to be a distinct lack of them at the moment and I for one would rather stick with a company that I know can consistently deliver a capable product than searching the net for some second rate tool that will get me by. Or worse yet be forced to edit the xml directly!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: