Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 03-26-2007, 04:52 PM

Item (internal) links

This is probably a repetition, but I just had a look at another PIM where this is implemented, and have to ask again:

Now that the internal links are available, there should be two things to support them:

A. When viewing an item that contains internal links, there should be a pane for the list of them.

B. The other way around, if there exist internal links to the current item, again, there should be a pane where there is a list of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------
NOTES:

I cite you from one of the first emails when I was trying to understand how UR works and why Search Pane and Child pane are the same:
"..., we have the concept of a "selection driver" (what drives what is shown in other panes when item[s] in the driver pane are selected). One of the trees or the related items pane can be the selection driver."
This seems exactly like your selection driver concept, doesn't it?

In this way, everything would have it's way to be shown somewhere, to sum up:
1. (External) links (which are not really links) are shown directly in Data Explorer pane
2. Childs/Parents have their own Child/Parent pane

These first two are mixed together which I don't particularly like, but let's be it . I'd much more prefer, if there is another level of connection introduced, where it would be clear what's parent and what's only a link, and the links displayed only in a pane provided for it, not in the Data explorer itself.

3. Internal links would have their own pane

Thank you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: