Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] User Tips, Tricks and Samples

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 07:24 AM

mybase import (*.nyf)?

Has anybody successfully imported the content from a wjjsoft's mybase database (*.nyf files) into UR? Any specific steps and recommendations?
Thanks.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Administrator

The MyBase users_manual.nyf describes a couple export options that might work:

User's Manual -> Usage Reference -> Export (Share)

Export HTML Tree

To export database as HTML tree and a set of web pages, choose the 'Share -> Export HTML Tree' menu item, check the appreciate options and then confirm to export.

Before you can use this utility, you will need to download the 'treehtml.dll' plug-in, and have it properly installed.

Export All Files to a Folder

If you'd want to export all stored files including default RTF notes in a branch to a directory, you can choose the 'Share -> Export Files to a folder', then choose a target disk directory to store the files.

Then import the folder into UR using File | Import | A folder.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:12 PM

web pages

Thanks Kinook for taking time for looking at this. Much appreciated.

I already have tried those methods. What I haven't found out yet is how to make UR to streamline the import of web pages as self-contained objects (i.e. html, jpg/gif/png, js, css as a single file, i.e like archived webpages - *.mht) - aka the 'Copy to UR' function but from a directory. When importing, I get web page artifacts as independent items.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:17 AM
Administrator

When importing a local HTML file (and storing), UR will also import local files referenced by the HTML file (i.e., .css, .js, images, etc.) and store with the item, but with a folder import, those files will also be imported as separate items if found in the path being imported. You can delete these after importing by doing an Advanced Search on URL matches wildcard *.js (etc.), then selecting and deleting all search results (Ctrl+3, Ctrl+A, Del).
Old 09-03-2009, 05:30 AM

So let me see if I understood correctly: importing webpages from folder import will import these pages, and embed all its artifacts (js, css, jpg, etc) referred inside; so if I delete the artifacts themselves that also got imported, I still will have the web pages intact (with all their styles, images, etc)?
Old 09-03-2009, 05:47 AM
Administrator

If stored (not linked) when importing, yes.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:00 AM

Great to hear that! Will try it later today. Thanks much.

BTW, think would be very useful for cases like mine if you may consider adding a 'multiple web pages' option to the import wizard. Currently, there's an option to import 'A web page' only.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Use File | Import -> Files, and enter multiple filenames and/or URLs (one per line).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: