Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2006, 08:11 AM

Alphabetical Strangeness

When I drag an item in the data pane and drop it on another item, it is putting the item in alphabetically, even though I don' t have the "alphabetically sort when adding childern to new items" box checked. Is this the way that it is supposed to work?

I would like it to just put dropped items at the end of the list of children (though it would be nice to optionally have them put at the start of the list). Does it always just alphabetize dropped items, or is there some other setting that I have overlooked?

It seems very natural to want the items that you drop into a new item to retain their order. There are many times when other than alphabetical order is necessary, for example when proiritizing a list. I don't want to have to go back and re-order everything by hand after moving items.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:50 AM

Is that a bug or a feature?

It turns out that the "alphabetical strangeness" only occurs when you are dropping things onto an initially empty item.

If you first put something into the item by pressing "insert" on the parent, things that you drop afterwards are no longer alphabetized.

It would seem that creating a new child versus dropping a new child somehow turns off the automatic alphabetizing.

Is this a bug or a feature? If it's a feature, it should be better explained in the documentation, for example in the help for the "automatic alphabetize" option.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:59 AM

The behavior you reported has been confirmed as a bug in 2.0d and prior versions. A new version of Ultra Recall, version 2.0e, has been released which addresses it. Please download and install the latest version of Ultra Recall 2.0 to obtain the fix for this bug.

You can view the entire list of changes in UR 2.0e in the Ultra Recall version history FAQ entry.