Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 07-22-2004, 04:12 PM

Angry VS .NET Project file not read only after build

I have taken the continuous integration build sample and customized it for my needs. I am having a problem with my VS .NET project file not having a read only attribute on the second pass thru the loop. I make sure that all of the project files (multiple projects in solution) are set to read only before starting VBP. The first pass works: it detects VSS changes and downloads what is needed. It builds the project fine and then waits. On the second pass it dies while getting VSS changes. For example, I get:

A writable copy of c:\projects\ADETCA\ADETCA_Lib\ADETCA_Lib.csproj already exists

Note: I have checked the "Restore read-only attribute..." in the VSS build step under the "Project/Solution" tab.

TIA,
Steve
Old 07-23-2004, 07:31 AM
Administrator

It looks like the Make VS.NET action does not honor that option when modifying the project file (just AssemblyInfo. or .RC files). We'll put this on the list to fix for a future release. A couple of workarounds:

1) Checkin the .csproj files after the build has set the base address (this is the only option that would cause the Make VS.NET action to modify the project file, and the action won't modify the .csproj file on subsequent builds if the base address is already set). It's recommended that you check in any source changes made by the build into source control anyway.

2) Don't use the Set Base Address option for the project.

3) Change the 'Handing of writeable local files' option on the SourceSafe action to Replace.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:32 AM

Smile

Thank you very much for your reply. I had discovered option 3) on my own after posting, but I appreciate that there are alternatives and that you have put this item on the to fix list.
(I am using the base address relocation with skip selected for the VSS get, which explains why I encountered this issue).

Steve W.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: