Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 02-14-2007, 11:08 AM

Question Macro's being resolved in VBScript comments?

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I figured I'd bring it up to bring it to light.

I copied/pasted a co-workers VBScript from his project to mine, and executed.

I got the dialog asking for the initial value of a Macro. I looked in the code I copied to see where it was being used, but the only place it was, was in the comments.

Is this normal that the interpreter will try to resolve macro values while inside of VBScript comments?

Thanks!

Eric.

ps: Using v6.1
Old 02-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Within the Script field of a Run Script action, this is normal. That field is processed like another other step field: Any macros (%MACRO_NAME%) or script expressions ([code here]) are evaluated before using the field value.
http://www.visualbuild.com/Manual/stepproperties.htm

In the case of a Run Script action, the expanded value is then passed to a script host engine for parsing and execution.

This does not apply to code in the Script Editor, so if you wrap the code in a function, add it to, say, project scripts, and then call that function from a Run Script step, any macro references (within code or comments) in the Script Editor code will not be evaluated.
http://www.visualbuild.com/Manual/scripteditor.htm

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: