Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 08-09-2020, 09:02 PM

Advanced web search from defined forms

First off, this is an imaginary form

However a feature request perhaps hence would be utterly useful if one could commit searches like such within UR from selected text, or maybe there's any other way of achieving this?

Searching web from custom field or predefined field either through checked field or dropdown list .. {UR} (simply means your selected text telling UR to search for)

If studying my links illustrated I think you understand better and would be such a time savior, specified searches, specified time frames, translating text on the fly, watching Youtube from selected text, Wikipedia searches etc etc

https://i.imgur.com/5D0Fqbc.jpg
Old 08-10-2020, 03:24 PM

I run into same use case like you. I usually perform searches within UR URL address bar like this ...

iphone 12 site:wikipedia.org
ipone 12 site:youtube.com

Thanks
Old 08-10-2020, 07:04 PM

It's a million dollar feature so quite handy, I use other programs like Wordweb, Directory Opus etc where you can customize buttons for searches like that but kinda restricted to it's own purpose like wiki & files

Not sure it could be done with forms though but either that or context menus perhaps or a separate menu, but forms are cooler

Let's hope Mr. programmer tunes in on this request
Old 08-11-2020, 10:07 AM
Administrator

I like the general idea. It wouldn't even have to be specific to web searches, and could also be used to invoke other programs. We'll consider it.
Old 08-11-2020, 04:56 PM

Indeed and would surely be helpful in a thousand other ways, if doable by forms I don't know but would be very slick

Now my head is spinning and coming to think of all .bats/commands/shortcuts I've written in the past or all manuals I've gone through, just imagine being able to save any such usefulness in UR, in a sweet looking document and with forms enabled to execute programs with custom variables, that would be bad ass and best looking and manageable command prompt ever

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: