Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 05-18-2020, 04:56 AM

Changing tab changes text screen position

Hi. I am a New User of Ultra Recall, so please bear with me if some of Terminology is not accurate.

Observation: If I have several Text Info Items open in Tabs and then go from one Tab to another -- the Screen position of the current Info Item, which had the cursor may change position on the Screen. Typically the Info Item position is changed so that the cursor is now on the Uppermost line of the Window. This often happens if the Text Info Item is several screen fulls long, and I am in the middle of the document. That is if UR can scroll the Text upward, (which is only possible if the cursor is in the middle of document, and the topmost line of the Text item is no longer displayed).

Request Suggestion: I wish UR would Leave the Screen position alone when changing from tab to tab. I find it confusing and somewhat frustrating when the Screen Position is being changed via a change from one tab to tab.

Some Background: I imported most of my Text items in from a Folder structure. Usually these are RTF (Rich Text Files), which contain hundreds of lines. These files are stored (I believe) within the UR database. For testing purposes - I often used Alt-Z to insert the Date Time, and then would change tabs.

Last edited by GoGoJoe; 05-18-2020 at 05:06 AM. Reason: better wording explaination
Old 04-06-2021, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Implemented in v6.2.
Old 07-06-2022, 10:49 AM

Thank You Sir. I have just purchased a copy of UltraRecall via the Bitsdujour special. It may take me a while to test and see that I can really, truly, and happily use your Software, instead of the no longer supported PIM software that I have used. Again Thank You.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:37 AM

Welcome to the community!

Please feel free to review the history of UR in these forums and the great experiences it documents.

Feel free to ask questions. We will be more than happy to help you navigate the usge of UR.

I have been using it for over 15 years on a daily basis and I'm still discovering features myself.

Good luck.

Tags
changing tabs , screen position cursor

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: