Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 07:44 AM

Error message when draging from Outlook folder

When I drag-drop folders from my Outlook I sometimes receive an error message at the end although the complete folder content seems to be imported into UR.

The error message:
Error pasting data: systemcall has failed.

(second part of the message is originally in german on my PC - Systemaufruf ist fehlgeschlagen).

It happens with bigger folders. E.g., just now happend with 500 messages in a folder, but I didn't test systematically if number of messages or size of folder matters.

Need more details?
A known issue?

Regards
Eric
Old 04-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Is it consistent (does undoing the import, then importing the same folder again result in the same error)? If so, can you isolate the problem to a particular message (and if so, ZIP and send it)? Which version+SP of Windows, Outlook, and UR are you using? What Outlook add-ins are loaded? Thanks.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:20 PM

Yes, it is consistent. It occurs only in cases where folders hold 'more' messages. But the messages are imported properly. So UR doesn't stop at a specific message, it simply shows the error after import is done.

But this effect prevents importing a whole folder tree with subtrees from Outlook as UR stops with that error message.

I use XP SP2, UR 3.0.4, Outlook 2003 SP2 (german version).

Add-ins: Exchange Scan, Copernic Summarizer, 4 german add-ins for communication with Exchange server, and the XING plugin (www.xing.com).

Regards
Eric
Old 05-01-2007, 08:28 AM

What exactly do you mean when you say this occurs when a folder has "more" messages? That you previously imported the folder and now it has "more" messages that aren't yet in Ultra Recall? Or that the folder contains subfolders that also contain messages? Or something entirely different?
Old 05-01-2007, 02:07 PM

Sorry, by 'more' I simply meant, that the Outlook folder stores at least +200 items. More than the other folders ...

So the error message occurs whenever I drag a folder with more than 200 messages from Outlook into UR.

But, as I mentioned before, the items are imported successfully. I imported an Outlook folder with +1760 items.

Regards
Eric