Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 05-19-2007, 06:14 PM

Question VisBuildPro.exe exit code

I have a VisualBuildPro script that calls another VisualBuildPro script. When the inner script fails, how can I get it to return a non 0 return code? It always seems to return 0 even when I have an Exit step in it that sets the exit status to Failure.

The script is being called without silent mode set, allowing us to interact with the script for debugging purposes. For this reason, the exit step has the Continue building checkbox checked.

I'm using version 6.2a, but would be happy to upgrade to 6.3 if that would help.

Many thanks,

Steve

Last edited by snutt; 05-21-2007 at 05:57 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Don't check the 'Continue building' step option of the Exit step (I guess it could be considered a bug that an Exit step configured in this way actually exits the build [rather than continuing], but it doesn't sound like that would help your situation anyway). You can still debug the child build instance without using that option (just close the child instance after the build stops at the failure).

If you sometimes want to debug the child project but other times want the child build to exit on build failure, use a field override (triggered from a temporary macro, for instance) for the 'silent mode' option.
http://www.visualbuild.com/Manual/ac...ldoverride.htm
Old 05-21-2007, 12:10 PM

Many thanks. The overrides looks like it will be a suitable workaround, (and perhaps useful in some other places for us.)

Steve

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: