Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 05-11-2005, 10:48 AM

.NET Build and Failure Steps -- Endless Loop!

Hi,

I have a main build script that chains to another script for VS.NET building. In this chained script there are failure steps assigned in case the build fails. When the build does fail, the failure steps activate as desired, but then once they are completed it returns control to the VS.NET build step again and starts the process all over. Essentially this is an endless loop, so long as there is a build error. I'm using version 5.5. Any help or other ideas on how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Jim L.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:02 PM

I created a two trivial bld files that replicate what I understand to be your configuration (not using a Make VS.net step) but can't reproduce the problem (they are attached, both compressed in a single zip file).

Does my attached sample work for you (I am testing with the latest version: 5.7)?

If it does, can you modify my trivial sample to reproduce the problem you are experiencing? If not, can you simplify/sanitize your bld files and email them to support@kinook.com so we can trouble-shoot them?
Attached Files
File Type: zip chained_failure.zip (691 Bytes, 1002 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: