Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2004, 06:51 PM

SMTP config

Hi,

I'm evaluating Visual Build and trying to create a sample build to convince management to allow us to get this tool. However, I'm having a couple of problems. The first is with the Send Email action.

I recieve an error message:

Error sending message: No valid recipients specified (5.7.1 Unable to relay for ...

when trying to send a message with the Send Email action. I'm betting this is a configuration problem with SMTP. I have WIn XP Pro. Outlook is installed and running fine. The SMTP service is installed and running. I do not see any rejected messages in the mailroot queues. We do not have an Exchange Server, instead use a hosted POP3 service.

Can someone help guide me thru the SMTP configuration?

TIA!
Old 02-19-2004, 07:11 PM

SMTP config

Never mind, I found it. As always happens, I send an hour looking for the solution, post a message, and 5 minutes later find the solution. ;-)

I the Relay Restrictions dialog of the SMTP properties (see Access tab), the default setting is to deny relay. I added localhost to the list of permitted computers.