Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 01-11-2005, 12:30 AM

Auto Synchronizing

Does UR perform auto synchronization for links on files? I recently moved the linked files to another location and even renamed it but it seems like UR is able to locate the target file even after it has been moved and renamed.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:46 PM

Currently Ultra Recall does not auto-synchronize files that are linked if they are moved or renamed.

Did you store the contents of the file you thought was linked (the file would then actually be stored in Ultra Recall)? If so, you would then still see the original contents of the file, but changes made to the file stored externally to Ultra Recall wouldn't be visible to Ultra Recall.

One note, if files are stored in the same path (or a subfolder) of the location of the Ultra Recall Info Database, Ultra Recall will use a relative path instead of an absolute path in the Url Attribute. This allows you to move the entire folder containing the Info Database and the linked files and no links will be broken. This doesn't, however, solve the issue of renamed files or files that are moved within this folder structure.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:12 AM

Now, this is the weird part. Even after I renamed the file and moved it (it is an Excel spreadsheet), the renamed file gets opened. I can tell it is the renamed file because Excel displays the name of the opened file on the top left section of the screen.

Could this be due to the indexing service performed by Win2000?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: