Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 12-30-2007, 12:43 AM

Improved Web Browser Extensions

This suggested improvement would really be sweet if it could be implemented.

You know how the link/move/copy dialog works within URP3.

I'd like to have that dialog be made optionally visible if I click and hold on the URP3 extensions in Firefox or IE. The effect would be to let me import to any folder in URP3 on the fly without having to change locations on the Explorer Pane.

Think it could be done?

Thanks.

Regards,
Bal
Old 12-31-2007, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Tools | Options | Import | Select location when importing or pasting from other applications
Old 12-31-2007, 10:28 AM

Thanks, but that's not what I'm suggesting. I'm asking that I be able to select the destination folder on the fly while browsing in Firefox or IE.

I'm suggesting that I be able to click on the Copy to UR icon on the browser toolbar and have a dialog similar to the Link/Move/Copy dialog appear with all the possible folders in the current URP3 data file, pick one and have the import happen at the selected point.

What's already there requires me to pick the destination ahead of time, which is OK, but not as robust as what I'm suggesting.

Does this make sense?

Regards,
Bal
Old 12-31-2007, 10:35 AM

add to that suggestion (an excellent one which may be partially referenced by roadmap item
"Always-on-top drag/drop target for importing into UR")
but that this pasting occur in the background, i.e. w/o calling UR to the foreground.

This occurs in Zoot, Ariadne, ADM & others.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by wordmuse
Thanks, but that's not what I'm suggesting. I'm asking that I be able to select the destination folder on the fly while browsing in Firefox or IE.

I'm suggesting that I be able to click on the Copy to UR icon on the browser toolbar and have a dialog similar to the Link/Move/Copy dialog appear with all the possible folders in the current URP3 data file, pick one and have the import happen at the selected point.

What's already there requires me to pick the destination ahead of time, which is OK, but not as robust as what I'm suggesting.
Checking that option *will* cause UR to prompt for the location whenever the Copy/Link to UR button in the browser is clicked.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:50 PM

OK - I misunderstood the meaning of the option. My fault. I don't see how you could make it clearer. Thanks.

Regards,
Bal
Old 12-31-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wordmuse
OK - I misunderstood the meaning of the option. My fault. I don't see how you could make it clearer. [snip]
but understand that doing it this way UR will come to the forefront, i.e. it does not do it in the background as <WIN>C does.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:37 PM

That's OK. This gets me to 90% of what I want. Kinook continues to outperform many of the thoughts I have for how UPR3 should work. That's something I greatly respect and appreciate.

Thanks.

Regards,
Bal
Old 12-31-2007, 05:13 PM

Undercut not intended; simply pointing out a fact.

I was used to selecting data transfer locations in Ariadne, ADM & Zoot which were then transmitted in the background so I could continue working where I was originally.

When I tried this in UR, I found the current setup very disruptive to my workflow (each to their own) so I switched back to background transfer to Import Folder until UR allows transmission to specific locations to take place in the background like other such products.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: