Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-14-2003, 02:03 PM

VS.NET action does not use DEVENV

I need to compile managed C# code using VS.NET 2002 and unmanaged C++ code using both VS.NET 2002 and 2003. I have tried setting the DEVSTUDIO_NET_DIR macro to the required respective locations, but the command line used does not use the modified path. I even tried setting DEVENV directly but to no avail.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:46 PM

While I haven't done exactly what you are requesting, the help file has this to say about the matter:

<snip> [from Make VS.Net section]

Override default DEVENV location: Normally, the custom action looks for the command-line DEVENV compiler by first looking for this registry entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio \<ver>\InstallDir (where ver = 7.0 for Visual Studio .NET 2002 projects/solutions and 7.1 for Visual Studio .NET 2003 projects/solutions) and appending devenv.com. If that entry is not found, the value of the entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\App Paths\devenv.exe\ will be used if found. By providing a full path and filename for this field, the action will use that as the command-line executable rather than the default.

</snip>

So I would recommend either hard-coding a path (probably won't work in your situation), or assign your macro to this field, and change the macro value to the appropriate value before you invoke this step (maybe a subroutine?) in your build.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: