Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 10-23-2007, 08:33 PM

UR hangs with 98% CPU Usage on some items

I just started coming back to using UR (3.25) after staying away because of AVs (now resolved of course- thanks Kinook) previously.

So I had a small UR database of clippings of web clippings done previously that I wanted tidy up.

As I looked at some of the titles in the Data Explorer, I noticed that some just had the name of the website with no meaningful Description.

For example, in the

Data Explorer, it may just say www.channelnewsasia.com
In the Item Tab it says www.channelnewsasia.com [stored]

So I thought it would be neat if say I just change it to say what it relates to :

In Data Explorer, Stocks set to rise again
In the Item Tab it becomes Stocks set to rise again[stored]

For some unknown reason, on at least two occassions on two different web clippings on which I changed the titles, whenever I choose the items, UR hangs with 98 - 99% CPU usage and the only way to get out is to kill UR (I use Process Explorer from www.sysinternals.com)

Even after restarting UR, I find that whenever I choose the offending item, CPU goes into overdrive and the only way is to right click the item and delete.

If I leave the offending items alone, UR functions normally.

Last edited by bookman; 10-23-2007 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:08 AM

hmm, to store the website http://www.channelnewsasia.com/ , it takes good 15 seconds (but in IE it takes almost 10 seconds as well to load it first time), ... but once stored, I don't have any problem loading it inside UR.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:50 AM

I was referring to a situation where I stored a website and it showed for example, www.channelnewsasia.com in the Data Explorer and I renamed (F2) it to be something more Intelligible like Stocks will Rise again instead of www.channelnewsasia.com

Then somehow later, when in Data Explorer, I left click Stocks will Rise again, UR hangs with CPU cycles very high like 98 - 99%.

It has not happened before and does not happen all the time and so far I notice it on two occassions and only when I have renamed (F2) the Item name in Data Explorer to something else.

So, it's not that it cannot access www.channelnewsasia.com at all, but the problem arises after a rename of the Item name in the Data Explorer and it occurs only on some of the renamed items.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:00 AM

ok, I thought it was a problem with accessing the stored website (it could be that it is too big, or that it uses some strange javascript which maybe tries to load sth ...)

I find it hard to believe (I'm not saying it does not happen) that just renaming itself would cause UR to hang.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Administrator

Please ZIP and send a database containing one of these problem items, as well as the other info requested at http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...threadid=3038. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:32 AM

OK files sent via email to support@kinook.com with details as requested.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: