Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 02:39 PM

Ultrarecall price

I have been trying Ultrarecall but am a little undecided whether to buy as my needs are rather minor. I thought I did read on the site that the price would be $100 as of Jan 15 but now I cannot find it. I am a little short of cash ATM and certainly would want to get the lower price of $50 if possible.

Does anyone know what the future pricing will be?

Jeff
Old 01-07-2005, 05:52 PM

This url shows all the Kinook product prices (and initial discounted pricing): http://www.kinook.com/pricing.html
Old 01-09-2005, 06:33 PM

Thanks for that. With Christmas, Tsunami giving and so forth, I'm a bit short of cash now, so I think I'll risk it and hope it's ata areduced price in the future sometime.

Regards,

Jeff
Old 01-18-2005, 07:44 PM

Aha! you called my bluff and extended the date from 1/15 to 1/21. I succumbed and bought a licence. I haven't bought software without a thorough investigation of the alternatives for years.

Regards,

Jeff
Old 01-20-2005, 08:50 PM

I'm going to buy Ultra Recall tomorrow but I think making the price $99 would be a mistake. Don't fall into the same trap that InfoSelect is in which has priced itself beyond the impulse purchase price of $49.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:02 PM

It is interesting you say that vamp07. It was precisely as a potential replacement for IS (I have version 5) that I was looking at Ultra Recall. I, too, baulked at the IS upgrade price.

However on further investigation they have quite different features and would be used for different purposes by many, I suspect.

I may still upgrade IS.

Given that I did buy UR earlier than I really wanted too because I could not justify $US100 I am finding it very good. No more searching around my work network - now where did I put that spreadsheet? - now I'll create it and "index" it in UR.

Looking forward to further development of UR.

Jeff
Old 01-20-2005, 09:14 PM

It is interesting you say that vamp07. It was precisely as a potential replacement for IS (I have version 5) that I was looking at Ultra Recall. I, too, baulked at the IS upgrade price.

However on further investigation they have quite different features and would be used for different purposes by many, I suspect.

I may still upgrade IS.

Given that I did buy UR earlier than I really wanted too because I could not justify $US100 I am finding it very good. No more searching around my work network - now where did I put that spreadsheet? - now I'll create it and "index" it in UR.

Looking forward to further development of UR.

Jeff
Old 01-21-2005, 10:45 AM

We really haven't positioned Ultra Recall as an "impulse" purchase product... We view Ultra Recall as an application purchased after a favorable comparison with the competition and the recognition of long-term usefulness.

Another aspect to consider is the level of support provided with Ultra Recall. From our experience, this is simply not available (at any price) with other PIM applications. The fact that we have an open forum (which we actively participate in), and provide unlimited support for the current version of the product adds real value to Ultra Recall (and requires significant resources on our part!).
Old 01-21-2005, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kevina
Another aspect to consider is the level of support provided with Ultra Recall. From our experience, this is simply not available (at any price) with other PIM applications. The fact that we have an open forum (which we actively participate in), and provide unlimited support for the current version of the product adds real value to Ultra Recall (and requires significant resources on our part!).
For the record, actively soliciting and responding to customer feedback by Kinook is a BIG reason that I am going with UR... gives me confidence that any problems will be resolved quickly and that the program will evolve in a way that meets customer needs.

The lack of such responsiveness by Microsoft is the reason that I wish I could ditch Outlook altogether but sadly it is not quite possible yet
Old 01-23-2005, 04:05 AM

The presence of an active forum in which the software vendor participates is now one of my "desirable" points when seeking software for purchase.

Kinook's forum is very reassuring.

Jeff
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: