Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 05-18-2006, 08:30 AM

Installshield Standalone Build

Hi,

I am having a problem with a an Installshield step in my Visual Build project. I am using Installshield 11.5.

When I run the Build Script on my system that has the full Installshiled 11.5 installed, I have no issues. I also need this script to be able to build on another system that only has the Installshield 11.5 Standalone Build environmant installed. When I try to do this I get an error on the Installshield step:

Unable to locate Installshield Compiler Executable.

The previous step is able to access the Automation object for standalone build as it is used in a VB script to update properties of the Installshield .ism project before building.

Can anyone offer any advice on how I get round this? Is there a patch availabe to support Installshiled 11.5?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers SImon...
Old 05-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Administrator

You need to enter the full path+filename for the StandAlone compiler (IsSaBld.exe) in the 'Specify the InstallShield executable filename' field on the Options tab:
http://www.visualbuild.com/Manual/in...optionstab.htm

The eval version of IS doesn't include the "InstallShield Standalone Build.msi" mentioned in the help, so we don't know what registry entries (if any) it creates to identify where IsSaBld.exe is installed at.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:21 AM

Thanks for the help. I will do that as a workaround.

I have the standalone build kit here. If you have an ftp upload site I could post the kit to you so that you could complete your integration

If not what registry information would be of use that I could look up to allow you to do this?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: