Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 01-08-2005, 05:05 AM

Ability for one attribute to affect another

This might already be possible through means that I haven't discovered ...

I'm working on an advertising booking system for my small monthly publication. And although it would be nice to be able to do simple calculations, or have IF/THEN statements in Advanced searches, what I really need is for one attribute to be able to affect another.

For instance, if a custom Attribute (string) equalled Ad Size A, then the value of custom Attribute (money) Price equals $500.

Is there a way to do this? (Otherwise its back to wrestling with programming Excel)

Thanks.

UR is a very interesting program by the way. Has anyone developed a "Getting Things Done" project outline yet??

-- Andrew
Old 01-08-2005, 05:47 PM

If I am understanding you correctly, you want to change the value of one attribute based on the value of another? That is not possible with a search, and there is no provision at this time to have scripted actions take place when info is added or at any other time.

Is this what you are requesting? If so, would you want some action to take place when you created a new Info Item, the ability to create a command on the fly (similar to creating a search) that would update attributes based on some logic, or ...?

This is not something we currently have requests for, but feel free to brainstorm further on this forum or by sending an email to support@kinook.com. If a concept emerges that sounds useful to a wide range of people and can be reasonably implemented, we will consider it for a future version.

You can certainly define an advanced search to locate items matching your criteria, select all the matching Info Items (in the Search Results Pane), then edit them all at once in the Item Details Pane. If I understand what you are requesting, this does accomplish what you were requesting in two steps (with the current version).
Old 01-09-2005, 11:29 PM

Quote:
select all the matching Info Items (in the Search Results Pane), then edit them all at once in the Item Details Pane
That's a neat trick.

That would do it, I suppose, in a batch-processing kind of way. I was more looking for a way to do this upfront as the data is entered.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: