Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 12-05-2007, 12:35 PM

A web based version of URP

Hi,

This suggestion is probably way out in left field. But heck - I *live* way out in left field.

There are many times I don't have access to my computer, and I forget my memory stick so don't have that for the computers I do have access to. Additionally, many computer owners don't much like you monkeying around with their hardware by attaching a memory stick to a USB port.

Not to mention any liability issues if I were to use a memory stick and someone's computer went bad.

So-o-o-o....

I'd find it very helpful to have a web based version of URP.

I can envision a couple of different models - any of which could be profitable to Kinook.

Model#1: A program that installs on a website I own and/or control. It would be sort of like running the back end of a blog. (ooh - idea: if you could make it so that I could tag an entry as "forblog" and it would post that entry to my blog - wow - that would be sweet!)

Model#2: A kind of membership service where I get an account with Kinook and pay a fee to access the tools and my data.

Maybe there are other models that can work. These are two I come up with.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Bal

Last edited by wordmuse; 12-05-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:48 PM

Re: A web based version of URP

Quote:
Originally posted by wordmuse
This suggestion is probably way out in left field.
I don't think so! I join you in this suggestion.

Internet is the future (if it is not already) ... and if competition can do it (here) along with the standalone app, why not Kinook? It wouldn't need to have all the great functions that UR has, start with basics and then see how it goes ... ;-)
Old 02-21-2008, 06:34 PM

I am with you that a web based version plus and I'll add that I would love a web based mobile solution so I could access UR from my blackberry.

In the meantime, you could access your PC at home by using a free service like LogMeIn http://www.logmein.com that you can remote control your pc at home remotely from a web browser. Not the same thing as a web app, but probably the next best thing. I have used Log me in for a couple of months and it has worked out pretty nice.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: