Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2009, 07:42 AM

Question about ini file in portable mode

URP 4.1.01 is installed using the exe file.

1. Do I understand correctly that I just create a blank ini file in my installed directory and my settings will be transferred to the ini file?

2. What about toolbar customizations? Included in this question are the custom graphics I use in my tooolbars.

3. Is it now possible to delete the Kinook registry key, or is this done automatically? Are the manual customizations made to the registry over the years copied to the ini file too?

4. May I also delete the Kinook folder from the AppData directory, or is this also done automatically?

5. Are there drawbacks (performance, limits to customization) to using the portable mode on my hard drive?

Thank you.

Jon
Old 10-15-2009, 08:16 AM
Administrator

1/2/3: Existing settings are not transferred. All customizations would need to be applied again in portable mode. Copying the files from appdata may transfer some settings.

3/4: You can delete the registry key and appdata folder; that is not done automatically.

5: Performance should be about the same. There are a few settings (like window positioning and import/export sets IIRC) that are always stored in the registry. Also, the user needs write access to the EXE folder (on Vista and later, programs must be run elevated [as administrator] to have write access to Program Files).