Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 02-03-2005, 09:31 AM

Question VBPro 5.2? from 5.6

OK, my coworkers use version 5.2 and I have 5.6...they can build utilities and I can't! Is it possible to get a aversion of 5.2 and use my Version # from 5.6. If so where can I download 5.2 from?

Pete
Old 02-03-2005, 10:04 AM

Can you provide any details on what version 5.6 isn't doing properly for you (that is working with version 5.2)?

Be advised that version 5.7 is now available, which might have already resolved the issue (but I can't verify this without details about what error you are experiencing).

Your license key will work with any 5.x version, you are free to install the 5.2 version your co-worker has (to downgrade you will need to first uninstall version 5.6).

Note: You can simply install version 5.7 over 5.6 to upgrade (without uninstalling first). See http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=853.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:12 AM

My coworker can create our utility no problem, and myself from the begging I have had one error after another. I had to specify the path for VSmake for instace, she didn't...now when I'm building I get a License issue that kinook support says is an issue on our side, now my coworker has NO problems! I'm not sure if it's a version incompatability issue.

Pete
Old 02-03-2005, 10:36 AM

VSMake was deprecated in version 4.0 and finally removed in 5.6+.

The best solution is to rewrite your build script to use the Make VB6/Make VC6/VS6 Get Version actions instead of VSMAKE. This method will eliminate any dependencies on the deprecated VSMAKE style of building these projects (that harkens back to Visual Build 3.x).

The Make VB6 / Make VC6 / VS6 Get Version actions are more convenient and provide bug fixes and more functionality than was available with VSMAKE. In addition, we do not provide support for VSMAKE at this time.

Several options exist to rectify the situation:
1) Uninstall version 5.6+ then reinstall Version 5.2
2) Install version 5.2, then reinstall version 5.6+. Manually define a global VSMAKE macro pointing to vsmake.exe (in the tools sub-dir)
3) install Visual Build 3, then re-install Visual Build Professional (and leave Visual Build 3 installed to preserve the VSMAKE functionality).

4) The recommended solution would instead be to convert your usage of VSMAKE to the custom actions now available (and described above).
Old 02-03-2005, 12:19 PM

My coworker doesn't have 5.2 package anymore, can I download it from this site?

Pete

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: