Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 01-27-2005, 02:36 PM

Navigation Bug

Sometimes (but not every time) when I click the back button after clicking a URL within a text item, the back operation gets executed twice, putting me where I was before the text item.

So, for the sake of a concrete example:

1) Click on an item, say a parent folder.
2) Click on a child of that parent, say a text item with URLs in it.
3) Click on the URL, taking you to the webpage within UR
4) Click the back button.

Sometimes that single click on the back button takes you (correctly) back to the child, sometimes it takes you (incorrectly) back to the parent.

Also, is there any way to open URLs within a text item using the default browser instead of UR? Ctrl+Click or Shift+Click doesn't work...
Old 01-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Administrator

I haven't been able to reproduce this problem here (perhaps you're clicking back before the web page has finished loading?). If you're able to narrow down a specific case to reproduce, let us know.

Regarding opening a link in the RTF editor externally, you can use Ctrl+Shift+Q with the cursor on the URL, but Shift+Click is reserved by the RTF editor for selecting text. We'll see about supporting Ctrl+Click here instead.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
I haven't been able to reproduce this problem here (perhaps you're clicking back before the web page has finished loading?). If you're able to narrow down a specific case to reproduce, let us know.
Perhaps that is the case... upon trying it a few times, it does appear that when the page isn't fully loaded, it does the "double-back" thing. Even if the page is only half loaded, from a user's perspective, I still expect to go back to the previous page... not two pages back.

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
Regarding opening a link in the RTF editor externally, you can use Ctrl+Shift+Q with the cursor on the URL, but Shift+Click is reserved by the RTF editor for selecting text. We'll see about supporting Ctrl+Click here instead.
That would be great... especially since you have to use the keyboard to position the cursor within the URL because if I *click* within the URL, it takes me to the webpage
Old 02-18-2005, 10:26 AM

This enhancement was implemented with Ultra Recall Version 1.2.

You can download the latest version of Ultra Recall here: http://www.kinook.com/UR/download.html

You can view the "How to Upgrade to a newer version of Ultra Recall?" FAQ entry here: http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...=&threadid=911

Note: Version 1.2 is a minor version update and is free to all licensed users of Ultra Recall.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: