Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 02-09-2008, 04:58 PM

Forming a user-based beta testing program ...

Hi all,
I would like to propose this idea for the group to get some feedback. I'm thinking of forming a user-based beta testing group. The rational is at least for myself is that I have become so productive with UR and dependent on it that I would like to do everything possible to assure the highest quality in terms of stability, performance, and features. UR has become a long long way and I think we all are witnesses to that.

This is the idea in a nutshell ...

- Develope testing scripts for the various features of UR. For example, we can put down a series of steps one can go through to test UR's tree move/copy/link functionality and a 2nd to test tab features and so on.

- Create may be 2 to 3 testing databases or templates used for this testing. These template database will contain all kinds of data e.g. web pages, images, links, files, etc. Also, they will range from small to very large to test UR ability to handle large volumes of data.

This is the core idea. If any is interested, please reply and may be we can get some work done in the next few months.

Thank you all.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:57 AM

I'm maybe missing the point here, but isn't that the kind of testing that should be done by the developer. Beta testing by users should be to catch in normal day to day use things that the developer may have missed in more formal testing.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:53 AM

Quote:
[i]... Beta testing by users should be to catch in normal day to day use things that the developer may have missed in more formal testing. [/B]
You can look at this in 2 ways ...
1- I do not know and have not heard that there is a beta group on either side dev vs. users. Am sure the dev group do some testing, but I do not think it is full and comprehensive for reasons I totally understand (and to no fault at Kinook).

2- Even though we all do report our usage issues to back to Kinook, but my idea was even to catch these issues before it gets to the users. I thought if we put a process in place, we can at least guarantee a product that delivers 100% functionality that is stable, performing, and works as described in a timely manner.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: