Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 01:33 PM

Can't View Thunderbird Emails in UR

I can no l9onger view emails from Thunderbird in URp. I was able to do this before using the MIME reader but that isn't working now. The Manual says to instead use the Forms Control and have the .eml and .nws extensions listed in the appropriate box in Editor or Browser. I have tried the Editor options, Browser options, and I even went back to the MIME viewer - nothing allows me to view my Thunderbird messages in URp. As soon as I click on an email message UR opens it in an external Thunderbird viewer.

What happened? Has this feature been removed? Are the settings different now?

How can I view email messages within URp?

Thank you.

Jim
Old 12-21-2009, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Nothing has changed recently WRT viewing MIME messages in UR. Please send the info requested at http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=3038

Thanks.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:34 PM

I sent you the requested info but I truly believe that these problems are related strictly to Thunderbird Version 3, which was just released within the last week. Possibly also because I am using Windows 7 - it appears that Windows Desktop Search in Win7 alters the .eml extension to .wdseml.

Anyway I might fix this by getting rid of T-Bird 3... I really don't like this version at all.

Thank you.

Jim
Old 12-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Administrator

How UR displays an imported MIME message (from Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc.) should not be affected by which version of Thunderbird is installed (if at all), Windows registration of file extensions, or how WDS is indexing files.

Make sure to remove .eml, .nws from the Browser and Editor options when adding it in the MIME option.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
How UR displays an imported MIME message (from Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc.) should not be affected by which version of Thunderbird is installed (if at all), Windows registration of file extensions, or how WDS is indexing files.

Make sure to remove .eml, .nws from the Browser and Editor options when adding it in the MIME option.
OK - .eml was listed in two of those, though I hadn't put them there. Must come with some there?

Anyway some small improvements:

About half will open in MIMe; balance open externally, and I can't see any difference in them.

Still cannot move any emails into URp from Thunderbird, not by extension nor by drag and drop.

Thank you.

Jim
Old 12-21-2009, 03:50 PM

Some news: I have some folders filled with .eml files that I had exported in the past. I can drag any of those into UR and it works fine. Yet if I drag any from Thunderbird 3 it does NOT work.

Have you tried this with Thunderbird 3 yet? I believe the fact that I can drag .eml files from elsewhere into UR - including from Thunderbird 2 - and it works, but not from Thunderbird 3 speaks to the version problem. I believe that you have may not have tried version 3 because you think it won't make a difference.

Is anyone else having issues with Thunderbird 3 and UR 4?

Jim
Old 12-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Administrator

The UR T-Bird extension is not compatible with Thunderbird 3 (see other thread: http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=4324). I thought this thread was about displaying messages (that had presumably already been imported) in UR.

Please copy one the imported messages that won't display in UR to a new database and ZIP and send that to support@kinook.com. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
The UR T-Bird extension is not compatible with Thunderbird 3 (see other thread: http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=4324). I thought this thread was about displaying messages (that had presumably already been imported) in UR.

Please copy one the imported messages that won't display in UR to a new database and ZIP and send that to support@kinook.com. Thanks.
I'll zip one up and send it to you, but I want to make clear that the messages that cannot be viewed in UR were all copied into UR from Thunderbird 2 using the Thunderbird 2 extension.

There are no messages in UR that came from Thunderbird 3 because they cannot be copied into UR!

It is possible - but I doubt this - that these messages were brought into UR with the T-Bird 2 extension and might have been viewed later in Thunderbird 3. I will have to find a message that can be viewed internally in UR and then open it in Thunderbird 3 to see if that makes it unable to view anymore in UR. I'll post back after I try that.

Thank you.

Jim
Old 12-22-2009, 02:23 PM

Well, it was nice while it lasted.

New emails from Thunderbird 3 once again will not open internally in UR.

Jim
Old 12-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Old 12-29-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Sent.

Thank you!

Jim
Old 01-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Testing with UR Pro v4.1.2.3, Windows 7 RTM, .eml configured to display in the MIME viewer, and the .urd file you sent, the imported Thunderbird message displays internally in UR and doesn't open externally. I'm not really sure what could cause it to open externally for you.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Testing with UR Pro v4.1.2.3, Windows 7 RTM, .eml configured to display in the MIME viewer, and the .urd file you sent, the imported Thunderbird message displays internally in UR and doesn't open externally. I'm not really sure what could cause it to open externally for you.
Well, I don't know what I could have done to cause it to keep opening externally. Most are opening internally.

I also sent you screen caps of my UR Options for Browser, Document, and Editor; did you happen to see anything there that is out of line? They should be all default except for where I added the email file extensions to the MIME viewer.

Has anyone else seen this? If so, please let me know what you have done to try and fix it.

Thank you.

Jim
Old 01-01-2010, 10:20 PM

Just thought of one more thing: Do you have Thunderbird 3 installed?

Thanks!

Jim
Old 01-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Yes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: