Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 05-30-2008, 06:45 AM

Store Contents of Several Items

With some trepidation I am asking another simple question, but here goes.

Is it possible simultaneously to Store Contents of multiple items? Of course, Control + M works for one item, but is it possible to select several or many items and then store them simultaneously? The Store Contents icon is grayed out if more than one item is selected. I couldn't find anything mentioned in the Help file, so I would appreciate your help. Thanks.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Not for web page items. IIRC, the main reason is that a combination (some stored, some linked) could be selected, and the proper behavior (toggle, store all, link all) to perform would be ambiguous. For a local synced folder, you could import again recursively and specify whether to store or not.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:07 PM

Gotcha

Thanks, Kinook, for your speedy reply. One caveat, though. Being a techie, I'm sure it is hard for you to stifle your propensity to use jargon, such as in this case "recursively." How's this for a crystal-clear definition:

"Recursion, in mathematics and computer science, is a method of defining functions in which the function being defined is applied within its own definition. The term is also used more generally to describe a process of repeating objects in a self-similar way."

Waaa?

Any chance you could update those four online "videos" of yours, perhaps something along the line of "UR for Dummies"? This has been discussed /debated exhaustedly in a previous post, but UR simply has to try harder to sell itself in a more user-friendly manner. Just a thought.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: