Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2007, 11:44 AM

Mystery of the Lost Document Changes

I lost about 5 hours work on Friday. I screamed.

And I've finally calmed down. Here is what happened - may be it is an UR problem may be not.

1. I opened a document I had stored within UR for editing.

2. I did several edits over the afternoon, saving very often (I know I did because I am self-programmed to hit CTRL+S every time I pause for thought)

3. When finished I did a final save and closed Word. Importantly word did NOT ask me "Do you want to exit without saving?" or some-such which means word did accept I had saved the document.

4. I then wanted to attach the doc to an email so dragged it from UR to my desktop.

5. Before attaching, I realised I wanted to change one more thing to I opened up the exported copy.

6. All my edits - from the time I first opened the document from UR - had disappeared.

7. Opening the document that was within UR also showed the original copy with none of my changes.

Any ideas what might have happened here? I'm very very nervous about editing documents from UR again incase this happens.

Perhaps UR would care to have an 'Save backup' option that saves a 'real filesystem' backup to a specified folder. It would certainly give me peace of mind.

Thanks,
Daniel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: