Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 03-14-2005, 02:21 AM

Losing track of near, long, never feature addition plans

I have been using UR for month or two now and checking in on the boards at least weekly. One thing I am starting to get confused about is that when I think of a new feature that would be really nice I have trouble remembering if that has been already flagged as near/long/never or if it is a brand new request. I can narrow this down some with searches of forum but still little confusing.

I know you dont want to make comittments but if there was a list on the website that head near/long/never categories of feature plans that might cut down on redundant requests and give folks a rough idea of what might be coming down the pipe.

Will
Old 03-14-2005, 05:55 PM

We do have a list of features internally but have hesitated to publish it on the forum/website to avoid over-committing concerning specific features or deadlines (as you mention) but also to avoid broadcasting our future plans to competitors...

We are considering an additional forum that would provide a clearer list of future features and their potential order of implementation which would be accessible only to licensed users. Does this seem like a reasonable approach?

This would, of course, add some overhead for us (both providing these additional rights to eligible users, and maintaining this feature list on the forum) and we haven't yet finalized the best procedure to manage either...

We are committed to maintaining the best relationship possible with our users, without expending excessive effort (which reduces the amount of time we have to develop these new features!).
Old 03-14-2005, 09:22 PM

I understand the issues which is why I was suggeseting keeping the time frame categories pretty general. To some degree you have already gone down this path to some degree with the type of detailed replies you have given in the forums (we are working ont his, this is long term plan but difficult and not immediate, this does not fit with our plans).

As to effort I guess you have to weigh the effort of maintaing such a list against effort in replying to redundant questions and effort of customers searching through forums to see if a given suggestion has already been answered. I would like this type of high level roadmap but won't be upset if you decide it is not worth the time.

Will
Old 03-22-2005, 10:56 AM

I would love to see some sort of plan for upcoming features. I don't think the list would need to be tied to a particular version and/or timeframe. Maybe just grouped into High, Med and Low priority so if everyone was passionate about a particular feature it might get bumped up in the queue.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: