Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2006, 08:15 AM

Unhappy Images no longer visible (UltraRecall professional)

Greetings!

Images that I cut and paste do not show up in the text notes entries in UltraRecall -- the professional version. They are not visible whatsoever, even though the "paste" option is available when I right-click in the text field.

For example, if I select an image on a webpage and then right click it and copy it then go to the text field of a text and note in UltraRecall, I can't select paste -- but having selected it it does not register in the window.

Moreover, images that I had cut and pasted in version 1.0 are not visible either.

In the spirit of experimentation, I created a notepad file with an image that had been cut and pasted. Then I dragged that file into the data Explorer -- it created a shortcut link to a Word file (RTF). When I opened that item in the data Explorer -- the image did not appear, either. And it did not appear to be incorporated whatsoever in the copy that UltraRecall kept.

What is going on? I did not mess with the settings when I upgraded.

Please advise.

Virtually yours,
Ms.Julie
Old 08-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Administrator

v2 added an option during installation to copy the Office rich edit control to the UR installation path if available (since some versions improve table display: http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=1026). But it appears that some versions of riched20.dll are buggy, resulting in the behavior you describe. Close UR and try one of the following:

1) Delete riched20.dll from the UR installation path
2) Replace it with the one in this file: ftp://ftp.kinook.com/RICHED20.zip
Old 08-14-2006, 09:28 AM

Many thanks!

Both of your methods worked -- either removing the DLL entirely or replacing it with the non-buggy version.

Just out of curiosity, what are the trade-offs between having the DLL in the boot path and leaving it out?

Cheers!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Administrator

If you want UR to use a different version than the system one, place the desired version in the UR path. Some users have found this to be beneficial:
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=1026
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=1918