Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 06-16-2008, 12:00 PM

Recycle bin still referenced

I have v3.5, but I am finding that when an item that is linked is in the recycle bin, it is still referenced until the recycle bin is emptied. Is this as it should be?
Old 06-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Yes.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:27 PM

Thank you. The reason I asked was because v3.5 has the newly created ability as follows:

"Don't logically link to items in Recycle Bin"

Is this an option that I need to turn on?
Old 06-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Administrator

That only applies when importing. If an item is already logically linked, all its logical links (including those in the Recycle Bin) will remain.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:55 PM

OK, many thanks.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
That only applies when importing. If an item is already logically linked, all its logical links (including those in the Recycle Bin) will remain.
I thought it worked the same as StephenUK probably expected, ie. parents pane wouldn't indicate "Recycle Bin" as a parent.

I find it a bit strange you use the word "logical" when you relate to importing to a SINGLE location. I was under the impression that the word "logical" relates to the fact the item can have several parents, which is not the case when importing. I don't think one can import to more than a single location at one time ...

Or did I misunderstand? What do you mean by "That only applies when importing"?
Old 06-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Administrator

There is an option 'Tools | Options | Import (More) | Create logically linked items for duplicate URLs'.
http://www.kinook.com/UR/Manual/opti...moredialog.htm

With earlier versions, this option applied even for items in the Recycle Bin. With the related v3.5 change, this option no longer applies for items (only) in the Recycle Bin.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
There is an option 'Tools | Options | Import (More) | Create logically linked items for duplicate URLs'.
http://www.kinook.com/UR/Manual/opti...moredialog.htm

With earlier versions, this option applied even for items in the Recycle Bin. With the related v3.5 change, this option no longer applies for items (only) in the Recycle Bin.
ok, perfectly clear now.
But in light of this, for consistency, maybe UR should treat the same the case when user deletes one of the logically linked items to Recycle Bin, i.e. the link would be broken and the item would be copied to Recycle Bin instead of linked to it (or maybe not copied at all cause the item was not really deleted). Basically, there should be no linking to Recycle Bin allowed, if you've taken this approach for importing ...

I personally would prefer it, cause links to Recycle Bin are quite misleading, the main reason I almost always use shift+delete and thus the whole concept of Recycle Bin is useless for me, even though I would like to use it.

Last edited by quant; 06-16-2008 at 03:36 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: