Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 06-01-2011, 01:29 PM

Red face Capture URL with page data?

I've just started using UltraRecall Pro, and have little time to peruse the instruction set at the moment - deadlines loometh.

I tried a quick search in the help file, but nothing stood out.

Is there a way to automatically include the URL when drag and drop (d&d) a page or partial page? That is, if I copy, say, a paragraph from any given Web page, I need to capture also the URL of that page for reference, attribution, and so on. However, I don't see any way to do this w/o doing a 2nd d&d operation, which slows things down significantly. When working with InfoSelect, this can be configured to be done automatically, but I don't recognize anything in UltraRecall's configuration that would allow it.

I've prolly overlooked it in my haste, but things are getting a bit tight right now, timewise, and I just don't have time for a leisurely read .
Old 06-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Administrator

If you copy/paste or drag/drop a URL from any browser into UR, or part of a page from Firefox or IE, the URL will be shown in the URL attribute of the item (View | Other Windows | Item Attributes).

You can also display the URL attribute at the top of the item's detail area by creating a form (Tools | Forms | Insert) containing the URL attribute and assigning that form to the Form attribute of the Document template item (My Data -> Templates -> Document).
Old 06-01-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinook View Post
If you copy/paste or drag/drop a URL from any browser into UR, or part of a page from Firefox or IE, the URL will be shown in the URL attribute of the item (View | Other Windows | Item Attributes).
While the URL element is checked in the Tools | Attributes window, it does not appear in the Item Attributes window.

Quote:
You can also display the URL attribute at the top of the item's detail area by creating a form (Tools | Forms | Insert) containing the URL attribute and assigning that form to the Form attribute of the Document template item (My Data -> Templates -> Document).
Same problem here.

Neither of these solutions appear to work ... I have no idea what I might be doing improperly .
Old 06-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Are you dragging and dropping into the detail area of a text item or into the Data Explorer pane (tree)? You need to drop into the Data Explorer pane to capture the URL and formatted content. See http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/demos/Intro.htm
Old 06-01-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Are you dragging and dropping into the detail area of a text item or into the Data Explorer pane (tree)? You need to drop into the Data Explorer pane to capture the URL and formatted content. See http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/demos/Intro.htm
D&d to the Data Explorer, dropping on an appropriately labeled item (folder?) (or child of My Data?). Just dragged this message, dropped on My Data | Notes. The internal link came across properly, but there is no URL item in Item Attributes pane, nor is there a URL at the top of the dropped message. The latter most likely is due to my not correctly modifying the template(s).
Old 06-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Which browser+version are you dragging from? Please ZIP and send or post #1 and #2 from http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3038 and a .urd file after importing a page. Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: