Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 08:10 PM

maybe this is a w2k issue but

when I float a pane, the navigation 'arrows' appear but as soon as I release left click on the floating window the navigation arrows disappear. Am I supposed to be able to grab one of these arrows to position a pane. If so, it does not seem possible on my machine.

If that's not the problem, then I think a step by step explanation -- beyond what is already in help -- should be written so I can figure out how to move a pane tab from the left side to the bottom of the URp desktop window Thank you.

Frustrated.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:03 PM

If you start with the Data Pane on the LH side and the Detail Pane on the RH side, then open the Attributre Pane (Ctrl-4) it should open below the Detail Pane (default location).

Now select and begin to move (left click hold and drag) the Title Bar of the Attribute Pane and the Position Markers appear in the Detail Pane. If you move the Attribute Pane into the Data Pane the Markers will now appear in the Data Pane.

If you drag the Attribute Pane to the bottom outside marker (regardless of which pane the markers are showing in) the Attribute Pane will display across the bottom width of the window.

If you drag the Attribute Pane to the bottom inner marker it will position itself below the main pane displaying the markers.

If you drag the Attribute Pane to an area outside any of the markers, then the pane will float.

It would appear that any Pane Title Bar that begins with a vertical bar of dots can be moved - the Detail Pane does not exhibit the vertical dot bar, but each of the menu bars do.

That's the best I can do without visual adies.

Later,
KenA
Old 04-14-2007, 02:23 AM

Re: maybe this is a w2k issue but

Quote:
Originally posted by janrif
when I float a pane, the navigation 'arrows' appear but as soon as I release left click on the floating window the navigation arrows disappear. Am I supposed to be able to grab one of these arrows to position a pane.
No, exactly other way around. You should position your mouse pointer to one of those arrows (while still holding the left button). Depending on which arrow you release it, you'll get another pane position.

While holding the left click, move around the whole application. You will see, that as you go from one pane to another, 4 arrows+button in the middle will appear in the current pane. Apart from those, there are 4 arrows on the right/left/bottom/top part of the whole application.

Examples:

1. I want to move the Item attributes pane that is a tab in the pane that holds "Data Explorer + Item Attributes". And I want it to be a bottom part of the current "Item Parents pane". I click on where the arrow shows on picture 1. I release the button where the picture 2. shows
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2007, 02:26 AM

picture 2
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2007, 02:28 AM

Example 2:

now I want to move Item Parents pane, and want it to be at the bottom of the whole application.
I grab it where the picture 3 shows.
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2007, 02:28 AM

and release it where the picture 4 shows
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2007, 02:29 AM

and the picture 5 shows the result
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2007, 07:28 AM

Re: Re: maybe this is a w2k issue but

Quote:
Originally posted by quant No, exactly other way around. [snip]1. I want to move the Item attributes pane that is a tab in the pane that holds "Data Explorer + Item Attributes". And I want it to be a bottom part of the current "Item Parents pane". I click on where the arrow shows on picture 1. I release the button where the picture 2. shows
Quant, First thanks for all the effort @ illustration. I sort of get it now however, I'm still left w 2 questions:

(1) Once you start moving a pane and the arrows appear, what happens when you release the left mouse button before you decide where you want to place the pane? Do the arrows disappear or do they remain visible so you can move your mouse over to click on the arrow you want?

(2) How do tell URp where you want the 'hide' tabs to land? For example, I want some specific pane tabs to land on the bottom rather than on the side.

Thanks.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:43 AM

Re: Re: Re: maybe this is a w2k issue but

Quote:
(1) Once you start moving a pane and the arrows appear, what happens when you release the left mouse button before you decide where you want to place the pane? Do the arrows disappear or do they remain visible so you can move your mouse over to click on the arrow you want?
The arrows disappear and the pane in question will be "floating".

Quote:
(2) How do tell URp where you want the 'hide' tabs to land? For example, I want some specific pane tabs to land on the bottom rather than on the side.
If you want the pane to autohide at the botton - you first have to move it to the bottom, exactly the second example.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:59 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: maybe this is a w2k issue but

Quote:
Originally posted by quant [snip] If you want the pane to autohide at the botton - you first have to move it to the bottom, exactly the second example. [/B]
So is it correct to say that the outer arrows determine where autohide tab will reside while center arrows will determine where it will be seen open.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:19 AM

no, the autohiding is a bit more complicated.

In fact, in your previous question, if you want it to auto-hide at the bottom, it doesnt need to be at the bottom of the whole application (in math terms, I'd say that this is sufficient condition, but not necessary for the pane to autohide at the bottom).

The outer arrows are there if you want your pane to be on the whole length/width of the APPLICATION WINDOW.

The inner (pane dependent) arrows are there if you want your pane to be on the whole length/width of the CURRENT PANE. (the middle button if you want it to be a tab)
Old 04-14-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
no, the autohiding is a bit more complicated.

In fact, in your previous question, if you want it to auto-hide at the bottom, it doesnt need to be at the bottom of the whole application (in math terms, I'd say that this is sufficient condition, but not necessary for the pane to autohide at the bottom).[snip]
OK. Then the next question is: how does user force tabbing at a desired location?
Old 04-14-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
OK. Then the next question is: how does user force tabbing at a desired location?
the middle button (you can see a tab on the button picture) inside the four arrows of the current pane.