Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 09-08-2005, 07:24 AM

Stopping groups 'expanding'

Is there any way to stop groups 'expanding' (as if you had clicked the + next to the name) when building?

I know the answer is probably no, but it'd be a nice feature to control what happened to the project steps in build time (easier to follow on large projects if groups etc aren't expanding and subroutines aren't changing the active tab).

Thanks
Old 09-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Not in the current release (although if the user changes the active tab during a build, the tab won't be changed to show the active step while the build is in process). v6 will have additional options to determine whether steps are activated / scrolled to / expanded during a build and whether the output pane is automatically scrolled (although these changes are still under development).
Old 01-27-2006, 11:09 AM

my two cents

I find the expand/collapse behaviour of VisualBuild a little disturbing as well.

I am forever closing the expansions so I can see my project at a higher level.

My guess: someone on your team loves Flash. The poduct is not quite windows and not quite macromedia.

My vote is for windows standard. It's old and ugly but it is the least distracting and most well-known. There is enough excitement going on in a build already....
Old 01-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Several options are available at 'Tools | User Options | Build' to configure the desired behavior for activation/expansion/scrolling during a build. Several commands are also available via the Step menu and keyboard to quickly expand/collapse to a given level (expand/collapse all, and expand to show 1 to 5 levels).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: