Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 06-05-2003, 02:24 PM

Unhappy Error loading info for project when building web application

When using the "Make VS.NET" action to build a web application i get this error:

Trying to get browse 'http://localhost/UserServices.csproj' in IE of course gives this error:
Description: The type of page you have requested is not served because it has been explicitly forbidden. The extension '.csproj' may be incorrect. Please review the URL below and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /UserServices.csproj

I have no problem opening the solution that i want to build in VS.NET and and build it manually. Also a command line invoked from within Visual Build works fine. Ex.:
devenv.com PathToMySolution.sln /rebuild "Release

Is there some thing wrong in the way Visual Build is getting the project info? My web is not located below C:\Inetpub\wwwroot and I use another share than wwwroot$ setup according to MS specifications?
Old 06-05-2003, 03:05 PM
Administrator

The Make VS.NET action tries hard to convert the project URL into a local filename so that it can access the file (and possibly update depending on the options selected). It attempts to locate the project's virtual directory via ADSI (and the registry if that fails), and it looks for it by project name and project folder. If there is no explicit virtual dir for the project, it combines the root virtual dir and the relative project filename to guess at the file's location. It appears that all those attempts are failing in your case.

Please send the following info to support@kinook.com and we can look into it:

1. Versions of Visual Build Pro components (copy from Help | About | Install Info dialog).
2. Version/SP of Windows you are running on.
3. Version/SP of VS.NET and the .NET Framework
4. The SLN + .csproj files in question.
5. The .BLD file with the Make VS.NET step that is failing.
6. An export of the registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servi ces\W3SVC\Parameters\Virtual Roots' if running IIS < v6.0

Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: