Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 09-20-2007, 03:23 PM

Copy/paste oddity

This is an erratic problem that I cannot trace and causes all sorts of grief after I find that things have gone wrong.

I am busy copying and pasting using CTRL-C and WIN-V. The items are to be sent to the Imported Items folder for me to review and re-assign to their final destination. Every once in a while and without a reason that I can detect, the items end up pasted recursively in the Template folder under the Text template. It is always the Text template. The first time this happened, I deleted the items. Shortly after, it happened again. This time I SHIFT-DELETED the items, emptied the Recyle Bin, compacted and repaired (a six hour operation even with the registry tweaks (hint!)) the database. It still happens and in fact just did.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jon
Old 09-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Administrator

We found the problem -- this would occur on global import if the tree was hoisted and the import options were configured to import to Imported Items. This has been fixed in the latest download at http://www.kinook.com/Download/UltraRecallProEval.exe
Old 09-20-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
We found the problem -- this would occur on global import if the tree was hoisted and the import options were configured to import to Imported Items. This has been fixed in the latest download at http://www.kinook.com/Download/UltraRecallProEval.exe
could you please elaborate a little bit? I'm slightly concerned about robustness of UR ... hoisting is fairly new feature, while imported items directory probably exists from onset of UR.

I see that "Imported items" has itemid hardcoded to 992 ... WHY does or HOW could hoisting, or any current or future feature interfere with where the item is actually imported?
Old 09-20-2007, 07:22 PM

Wow! Thank you so much. I am very impressed with your responsiveness. I cannot test this fix until tomorrow, but I'll take your word for it.

I noticed this quite a while ago, but did not report it. I could not duplicate the bug and for a while thought it was something I had done.

Like Quant, I am concerned about the robustness of UR (and speed - hint again!), but I have to say that whenever this bug occurred, no data was lost. Just misfiled. My question is a bit more specific than Quant's. Why did the misfiled data always end up as a child of the Text template?

Jon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: