Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 01:46 AM

Ver 2.0d

I have downloaded Ver 2.0d's files onto my PC from the Kinook forum. However, these does not seem to be installation files, i.e. my "old" version of UR is still on my PC and my Windows start menu links, Internet Explorer links all still point to the old version of UR. How do I re-install UR so that all these links point to the new version? I have also lost my Outlook links and need to re-install these. Please help.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:40 AM
Administrator

The default behavior is to install over the old version. Try uninstalling, deleting the install folder and start menu icons if still there, the reinstalling 2.0d. What do you mean by reinstall Outlook links? If you mean the Outlook toolbar, there is an option during installation as to whether that gets installed or not.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:40 AM

Smile

Thanks for the feedback. The confusion came from being able to download either the UR 2.0d installation or a zipped file from the download area. The zip file does not contain an installation file, just the program files. So unzipping this file and clicking on the UR executable starts the program but it does not update/replace the existing installation. For this one need to download the installation file (*.exe) and run this file.