Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-25-2007, 03:31 PM

Change default imported items folder

Might be an obvious newbie question, but I'll ask it anyway

Where do I set the folder that the "copy to" or "link to" shortcuts items end up in? I know I can rename the folder inside of UR. For example, if in Outlook, and I click on the "copy to UR" shortcut, the item ends up in my "Imported Items" folder in UR.

Where do I define that?

thanks,

Steve
Old 01-25-2007, 05:16 PM

exactly where you would expect it: options->import

From help:
"Insert imported items at selected item in Data Explorer tree":
If checked, new imported items will be added as children to the selected Info Item in the Data Explorer Pane. If not checked, new imported items will be added as children to the Imported Items system Info Item.

I dont think there is any other option ... so either child of "current item" or child of "imported items"
Old 01-26-2007, 06:49 AM
Administrator

As quant indicated, the location is either Imported Items or the selected info item.
http://www.kinook.com/UR/Manual/option_importdialog.htm

Also, the next version of UR will have full two-way Outlook sync, so you will be able to link different Outlook folders into UR, then sync all changes in one step (instead of using the Outlook toolbar). If you'd like to be included in the beta notification, send an email request to support@kinook.com.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
[B]exactly where you would expect it: options->import

From help:
"Insert imported items at selected item in Data Explorer tree":
If checked, new imported items will be added as children to the selected Info Item in the Data Explorer Pane. If not checked, new imported items will be added as children to the Imported Items system Info Item.
Thanks for the reply. I actually did see that, but it seemed rather vague (at least to me) and in my version, the "Import" tab says "Insert imported items at *bold* item in Data Explorer tree".

As it wasn't selected at the time, it wasn't bolded, and well, I just didn't make the connection.

Anyway, thanks for the help, and it is now selected, bold and working the way I was hoping!

Take care,

Steve
Old 01-29-2007, 09:29 AM

Okay, related to this, I have to ask another question. It appears that imported items will go into whatever folder is bolded "at the moment" in data explorer., Is this correct? For expample, if I am looking at my contacts in UR, minimize UR and start reading email, import some items, they will go into the contacts folder (which was the last selected, and therefor bolded folder)?

Is there any way that the import folder can be permantly set wihout having to remember to set it prior to leaving the window?

Steve
Old 01-29-2007, 11:43 AM

From Kinook's reply to you:
the location is either
1. Imported Items or
2.the SELECTED info item.

The SELECTED info item is the bolded or highlighted item in the Data Explorer pane.

Steve>>Is there any way that the import folder can be permantly set wihout having to remember to set it prior to leaving the window?

Only by leaving the default setting of importing to the Imported Items folder. (That is don't check in Options\Import "Insert imported items at bold item in Data Explorer pane")
Old 01-29-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Only by leaving the default setting of importing to the Imported Items folder. (That is don't check in Options\Import "Insert imported items at bold item in Data Explorer pane")
Got it! Thanks for the reply.

Steve
Old 02-01-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
[snip] the next version of UR will have full two-way Outlook sync, so you will be able to link different Outlook folders into UR, then sync all changes in one step [/snip]
What about those of us who can't/don't/won't use Outlook? Thank you.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Administrator

The last section of http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=1197 describes one way of capturing to various locations. We're also considering providing an additional import option (in addition to Imported Items and selected item) to choose the location in a popup window without activating the main UR window.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: