Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 07:46 AM

Question Firefox/Launchy

I followed the instructions to install Launchy, hoping it'd give me a way of adding web pages directly to UltraRecall. Hm. Sure enough, I have the Launchy button in my toolbar. But the only 'integration' option that appears from either the Launchy button or the right-click menu is 'view source in UltraRecall'. There's no option to link or store. Is it possible to get such a thing, as the help file describes, and if so, how?
Old 03-11-2007, 10:33 AM

Sound like the Launchy.xml file is not set up correctly...

After you installed Launchy, did you proceed with the instructions(3. and 4. in UR V3 help) to "Unzip and save this xml file in your user chrome path"?

When I click on the Launchy button in my tool bar I have options
Open link in UR (copy) and
Open link in UR (Link)...and I use these daily.

FAQ
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...hlight=launchy
Old 03-12-2007, 06:30 AM

Thanks - yes, it looks like that to me, too. I did follow instructions, and I've tried with the launchy.xml file in both Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox (as per instructions in the help file) and also in Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles (as per instructions on the forum page you suggest). Sadly neither makes any difference: the only option is still 'view source in'. Seems like 'launchy.xml' isn't being 'seen' at all. I'd welcome suggestions.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:41 AM

On the Lauchy toolbar button there's also an Options item. In the General tab of that you can choose which actions are displayed. Make sure the options

Open link in UR (Link)

are ticked.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dasymington
On the Lauchy toolbar button there's also an Options item. In the General tab of that you can choose which actions are displayed. Make sure the options

Open link in UR (Link)

are ticked.
I am having the same problems & didn't know about this but when I looked I discovered that Firefox wasn't ticked, UltraRecall wasn't listed, auto discover programs was ticked in Advanced, & there doesn't seem to be a way to set these manually. I'd like some suggestions, too. Thank you.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:13 AM

Hello Dasymington,

That's interesting, because my options | General tab doesn't look the same as yours. It has...

'Launchy knows about the following applications'
and a list that includes UltraRecall, which is enabled.

Highlight UltraRecall and below the list I get four non-editable lines of 'information about the application': its name, type ('editor'), path to EXE (correct - oh, unless Program Files is case sensitive?), and arguments (blank).

Oh wait... I may have been bottomlessly stupid about this... back in a minute after closing and restarting Firefox...
Old 03-12-2007, 08:18 AM

Red face

Ah yes.

Launchy, options, launchy.xml, 'your chrome directory'. The path is longer than the window in which it's displayed, and some twerp didn't think to investigate this.

The correct path isn't $username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles, it's
$username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\fty5nzzg.default\chr ome

And now it works.

Thanks for the help and encouragement!