Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 03-14-2005, 03:45 PM

Corrupted log file

I log the results of our build to a log file. The log file contents are often corrupted. The exact corruption is apparently random, that is not consistent across builds. But the nature of the corruption is similar across builds. Typically, lines of MS Visual C++ output are truncated or omitted, possibly out of sequence.

I've seen this for a year in Visual Build version 3.6b, and "my hopes were dashed" when I found that the behavior continues after we upgraded to version 5.7.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Art Gorr
Old 03-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Administrator

That is odd. We build VC6 and VC7.1 projects from VBP quite often and have never encountered that behavior, and it hasn't been reported by anyone else before. What type of hardware do you have? Which version/SP of Windows? Can you attach a .bld file containing a step with this problem? Are you able to reproduce this in a test case you could provide to us? Thanks.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:06 PM

Thank you for the rapid repsonse.

The hardware is a "white box" that we use for a build machine, I'm not sure of the brand (I manage the build remotely).

The CPU is a Pentium 4, 3.4 GHz. 1GB RAM.

The OS is XP Professional + SP2, although the file corruption was also present on SP1.

The version of MS VC++ is VC7.1

I hesitate to attach our .BLD to a public forum. Is there a way I can send it to a Kinook engineer privately?

Mean time, I will attempt to capture a test case that I can provide on the public forum. Unfortunately, I must add "time permitting".

Regards,

Art
Old 03-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Administrator

That's very similar (both hardware and software) to what we use, so there must be something else coming into play. You can send any support material to support@kinook.com.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: