Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 06-20-2003, 09:16 AM
GaryGo

Copy step won't delete my folder

I have a step that attempts to delete a directory tree. It is a subroutine call to a Copy step that has a blank source folder and a destination folder that is the value of a temporary parameter from the subroutine call.

Under the Copy tab, Include is set to *.*. The Copy recursive, Copy empty, and Delete destination are checked.

Under the Options tab, Log files, Ignore non-exstant, restartable, Keep read-only, and wait for share names are checked. The folders to be deleted are all on the local drive.

Sometimes I get messages like:
*EXTRA Folder: Bin
*EXTRA File: Visual C++\Interfaces\Services\DBStatus.IDL

These are not deleted (but some files are deleted). Sometimes it works completely. I can write the DOS command to do this, but I figured I'd give VBP a shot at it. Why are my targets sometimes not deleted?
Old 06-20-2003, 03:56 PM
GaryGo

Sorry, this one was my fault. I had saved my project file in a SourceSafe repository, which sets the read-only bit. But the other problem separately reported, about the Help files, is a mystery.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:57 PM
GaryGo

And I managed to reply to my own note in the wrong thread. My reply above was meant for another thread. It's Friday. Sorry.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:51 PM

make sure the "incremental copy" check box is reset. The incremental copy mode ignores "new" files, it only updates files that are in the target folder and the source folder.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: