Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 12-10-2008, 10:08 AM

Make VS 2008 Reference trouble

I am using Visual Build Professional 6.7a to build a Visual Studio solution. I am using the Make VS 2008 option. The projects in the solution that don't have a reference to other projects in the solution compile correctly. The projects that have a reference to another project will not compile. I have verified that the projects are build in the appropriate order according to dependencies. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:10 AM

I should also say that it compiles in Visual Studio.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Administrator

It is Visual Studio (msbuild/vcbuild/devenv) that actually performs the building of a VS solution or project (and is reporting the error), not VBP itself. And building a VS project from the command-line is not identical to building in the VS IDE. If building via MSBuild does not work, you might try using devenv (enter devenv in the Override field on the Options tab), as this will be closer to what the IDE does when building. Even then, we have heard of situations where building from the command-line doesn't work even when building in the IDE does. You can check the 'Display the compiler command-line' checkbox on the Options tab, rebuild the step, and provide the msbuild/devenv command to MS when submitting a support incident.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: