Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 01-20-2005, 04:05 AM

Export Search Results

It would be great if there were an option to export search results. For example: the digital camera demo file was actually very useful to me. My friend is evaluating different camera's at the moment, and I made a search that matched her criteria. I then got the search results window to show the columns I want to see, and I had a very nice grid that I wanted to e-mail her. Of course, I could mail her the complete database and tell her to install the Ultra Recall viewer, but that would be massive overkill. I do not think she would install a program just to be able to see my little list.

I now exported all Item Attributes to CSV, imported them in Excel, and used Excel's filters to get the same results. This worked fine, but of course it would be better to be able to do this from UR itself.

I would like there to be an 'export...' option for search results, that export to either CSV, HTML, plain text, XML (just one of those would already be great). Preferably this would export the columns I selected in the Search Results window, but it could also export all Item Attributes for the found items.

Alternatively, it would already help a lot if copying the search result items to the clipboard would copy all the columns shown.

Lena.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:36 PM

Version 1.3 of Ultra Recall was recently addressed which provides a way to export Search results in several of the formats requested: csv, xml, rich text, tab delimited values to the clipboard (using Edit | Copy Grid Values)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: