Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 05-04-2007, 01:12 PM

Replace command question

With option | Editor | Show Combined Text for Multiple Selection, <CTRL>+F is available to work in combined document but not <CTRLL>+H.

Text form w one field
Field = Item Title
When several items are selected the output of the form is visible in the combined text as imagined.

I wanted to use 'replace' function to format repeated field title entries in the combined text so that they become more readable. I don't believe <CTRL>+J is not available for extra formatting.

To me this seems like a perfect place/use of <CTRL>+H function but since it's not available on my system, how do I accomplish this task?
Old 05-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Administrator

By design, the details pane for multiple selection displays a read-only report of combined item text and form attributes. The item title can be edited manually by selecting an item and updating the title in Item Attributes, a form, etc.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
By design, the details pane for multiple selection displays a read-only report of combined item text and form attributes. The item title can be edited manually by selecting an item and updating the title in Item Attributes, a form, etc.
Thanks for the prompt response. The problem is that I want to alter font, i.e. bold, underline + highlight. I don't believe I can do that in attributes, can I? And I can't do it in the explorer either, can I? It looks to me like the only solution is to export to rtf, open in Word & do it there....or is there another way?

Another question in the same area: when combining items into one document, the explorer item is not included but when this combined document is exported the explorer item is exported as a title as it should be. But why or should it be included in the combined document? Thank you.

Last edited by janrif; 05-04-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by janrif
Thanks for the prompt response. The problem is that I want to alter font, i.e. bold, underline + highlight. I don't believe I can do that in attributes, can I? And I can't do it in the explorer either, can I? It looks to me like the only solution is to export to rtf, open in Word & do it there....or is there another way?
Or WordPad or another RTF editor.

Quote:
Another question in the same area: when combining items into one document, the explorer item is not included but when this combined document is exported the explorer item is exported as a title as it should be. But why or should it be included in the combined document? Thank you.
Inclusion of the title is an option during export. There is no equivalent option when combining items.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: